Thursday, October 18, 2012

Web 2.0 Tools

I had never heard f Web 2.0 tools before and I was extremely excited how these tools may benefit educators.  Because of the growing use of technology applications in the classroom,  I feel that the Web 2.0 tools provide another engaging element to capturing the attention of students.  Being that the Web 2.0 are so interactive, it creates a relevant learning atmosphere, which can also alleviate an educators concern of communicating with students.  The web 2.0 tool that I had chosen was wall wisher ( wallwisher.com ).  This tool is a great way to communicate assignments, announcements, post comments or questions and adding resource for both students and educators alike to refer to. This would definitely be a tool used in my classroom.  I may implement this tool outside of the classroom and in to our sports program. Here's my link again to view Wall Wisher.  screenr.com/bx98
Prior to using twitter as a source of finding information, whenever I needed to research a subject, I would just use search engines in google.  Having the use of twitter now as a resource provides a broader base of research as input from the twitter community is endless. 
Being that I have only been introduced to Web 2.0 tools through this exercise, I do not have any suggestions to make the applications better.  As I continue to use and experiment with the various web 2.0 tools, I will have a better analysis of what could be altered to improve it's effectiveness.  I am just glad that tools are available for this purpose and addresses another need we have as educators trying to reach the learners of the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment